- Jun 24, 2007 3:55 PM UN Millennium Declaration
- Jun 13, 2007 10:29 AM ZeroSeven Road Trip Around Australia
- Apr 9, 2007 5:11 AM Jumping for Peace
- Mar 8, 2007 1:30 PM Tell Me Why
- Mar 5, 2007 1:08 AM International Womens Day Festival. Brisbane Activities
I'm just an average girl who wants to be in the thick of the action in
..changing the world...
I dream big. I always have.
Ever since I was about 12 years old I've dreamt of Africa.
Working in Africa.
Living in Africa.
Helping Africa and Africans.
I remember when Band Aid was on. A spark had already my lit inside me but watching those horrifying images as a child the spark grew into a wildfire.
Theres been times in my life when I've tried to hide the fire. Doing things in the background and hoping I wouldn't get noticed. But no matter how hard I tried the ..passion.. inside me screamed to be let out.
So here I am.
Screaming to be heard. Trying to set fire inside others.
One person can make a difference.
What will our generation be remembered for?
Internet - Yes. War on Terror - Yes.
Wouldn't it be great if we were also remembered
for being the ones for set about
making poverty history.
Who I'd like to meet:
....* A child dies every 3 seconds
* 1.2 billion people don’t have access to safe drinking water
* 14 million African children orphaned by HIV/AIDS
..Every day in Africa..:
* 30,000 children under five die from poverty related causes!
* HIV/AIDS kills 6,600 people
* 1,400 newborn babies are infected during childbirth or by their mothers' milk.
..What YOU can do:
1. Take the MAKEPOVERYHISTORY pledge.
2. Get a white band for your wrist and wear it.
3. Put a white band on your website.
4. Work out which electorate you live in. Contact your local MP's office...
5. Tell your family all about it and ask your family, friends, teachers/ lecturers and school/uni to do something to Make Poverty History.
Let your voice be heard
- Status: Single
- Zodiac Sign: Libra