HeroesThe Wisdom Builder
This idea came from a book my sister gave to me shortly before her death in an airplane crash, The Magic of Thinking Big. The book affected me more than normal because of the circumstances.
In it, a lawyer (of all people) kept a 3 – ring notebook, and in it he collected anything good, wise, or useful he ran across: a daily reflection in the newspaper, a poem out of a magazine in his doctor’s office, notes he scribbled after listening to a sermon, a tape, a video, a good joke he heard.
You get the idea.
This 1st wisdom builder has a simple lesson.
Be prepared. Stole it from the Boy Scouts.
Be honest. Stole it from Abe Lincoln. Although having the prototype for the idea, I haven’t yet put the materials together into a monthly digest of wisdom – building material. I screwed up. So the wisdom of this premire newsletter?
THE EASIEST ANTIDOTE TO A GUILTY CONSIENCE IS TO GET TOTALLY HONEST.
One way or another.
One of our projects is Spiritual Flash Cards. We have one prototype bag with 30 cards, quite decorated and well – crafted. People we know use them as little nuggets to chew on. Spiritual Chiclets.
Or some see them as Rosary beads for recovering Catholics. 1st amendment. You choose.
Some sample slogans on our cards include:
1. Actual reality is spiritually correct.
2. Let grace have some room.
3. All you have to do is get up one more time then you’re knocked down.
Things I’ve heard in meetings
(1) “God’s the answer, what’s the question?” – Most profound thing I’ve heard. Once I stopped and thought about it. Doesn’t help just to stay away from booze.
(2) “These steps brought me back to reality.” – Probably because you can’t get more real than to stop and think. The face that it was someone else saying that, not only convinced me I’m not alone, but that the perspective I’m offering in taking recovery mainstream is justified. The Steps of Recovery apply to anyone. Towards any item you choose. It’s the work of the process that counts.
Reality Therapy. Taking time to learn the positive benefits of honesty, open – mindedness, and willingness to change.
About me:StopandThinkRadio.com is a Nationally syndicated radio show, bringing recovery "mainstream." Our mission is to bring the Steps of Recovery into the homes of Americans. It is hard to face our problems in front of others, our sincere hope is to help people realize their addictions in the privacy of their own homes.
A list of stations and times to follow shortly!
Who I'd like to meet:Anyone and everyone who would like to face their addictions head-on. Anyone and everyone who would like to join our Radio - on - Demand "Army."
Anyone who has a few minutes and an opinion to share. We would like you to check out the website StopandThinkRadio and reply with your comments, positive, negative, indifferent. Any input is welcomed!
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: Radio Station
- Walpole, MA US