Jennifer's interests included:Doing good
Marching to the beat of her own drummer
Making the World a better place
Helping others - even to her own detriment.
Jen's MusicThe first REAL concert I ever brought Jen to was to see Cake here in Atlanta. We took the subway and watched a FREE outdoor concert surrounded by tens of thousands of people.
This was her first exposure to Cake but she took to them easily.
She seemed to enjoy nearly any music I ever exposed her to:
- at four and five she loved bopping around with me to Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
- at seven she'd sit in the car with me and help belt out the harmonies in Bohemian Rhapsody
- the last Summer she spent with me we went and saw Weezer. The place was packed but she said we could get to the stage. When I asked how she explained that she was planning on crowd-surfing her way up.
She was not happy when I put a stop to her plans.
That Summer I also bought her an iPod Shuffle and filled it with songs of my own choosing. Although I deliberately picked some music that I knew would annoy her she found every song on her Shuffle starting to grow on her.
I remember her calling me about a month after she'd left Atlanta. She was listening to her Shuffle and had come across a song that I'd snuck on there and wanted to let me know that I was busted. But at the same time she said that she had to admit the song was growing on her.
BooksI bought Jennifer the first Harry Potter when it was still just a UK phenom. She loved it and was hooked. It wasn't long until she hooked me as well.
Our last Summer together we stood at the front of the line at midnight to buy our two copies of the sixth in the series. Every day we would compare notes on how much progress we'd each made. I loved sharing Harry Potter with her.
On the day I found out that Jennifer had been murdered, one of the regrets that I had was that she'd never read the final Harry Potter.
- Jan 23, 2009 10:33 PM National Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention Week (Feb 2 - 6)
- Oct 2, 2008 7:20 AM October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Jul 11, 2008 3:07 PM News Release from Jennifer Ann’s Group
- Jun 25, 2008 8:19 PM Award-winning Video Game
- Mar 12, 2008 4:17 PM The Morning Show - March 13, 2008
About me:.. Jennifer was murdered at the age of 18 by an ex-boyfriend. Our organization was formed to educate teens / tweens / parents / educators about the very real problem of Teen Dating Violence. Help us to spread the word today!
Please keep Jennifer in your hearts and prayers,
- Jen's Dad (Drew)
Who I'd like to meet:People that need to learn about Teen Dating Violence or will join us in educating others.
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Orientation: Straight
- Body type: 5' 9" / Athletic
- Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Occupation: Consultant
Bowie H S
2003 to 2006
- Graduated: N/A
- Student status: Alumni