General~~Please, if you have an animal-related emergency such as your pet's health, strays, animal cruelty, animals in distress call your local animal shelter or veterinarian IMMEDIATELY!~~
.... We care about and strive to help all animals. The HSUS has many programs that help local animal shelters, as well as educational materials on pet ownership. Although cats and dogs are an important part of many of our families, there are so many more animals out there that need our – and your – help.
For instance, did you know:
*The Canadian government still allows fisherman to club baby seals for their fur?
*American horses are still being slaughtered so their meat can be eaten abroad?
*Animals including dogs and cats are killed in the most gruesome ways in China, where many of our shirts and jackets with fur and fur-trim (some falsely marked as “faux”) come from?
*Most of the eggs and meat we eat and buy in the grocery stores come from farms where animals are confined in overcrowded cages all their lives, with no room to roam or even turn around?
*Many cats and dogs sold in pet stores come from puppy mills where animals are caged and continually bred for profit, then raised in poor conditions with virtually no human contact?
*Some hunting facilities dump animals into a caged-in area where they are shot at with no reasonable chance to escape?
We are working hard every day to change these horrible situations for our sweet, defenseless animal friends. But we can’t do it without our supporters and friends. Are you ready to make a difference?
How You Can Help:
- Subscribe to our blog. Stay in the know with what’s going on and what we’re doing. Click on “subscribe to this blog” above our blog entries.
- Join our email list. Receive special alerts and news for the area you live in. Sign up here.
- Become an advocate. Give a voice to those who cannot speak for themselves. When we send out an interesting bulletin on an issue, follow the link to take action then repost it for your friends to see and hopefully, they will too.
- Post our banners on your page. We have some great banners and badges you can use to spread the word on certain issues. Click here to find one you like then grab the code then post on your page.
- Make a donation through our paypal widget (on the left) or visit our website to learn about all the different ways you can give.
- Send us a message or comment. We love hearing feedback and ideas from our friends!
- Jul 2, 2010 7:11 PM Help us win $15,000 from eBay and enter to win a sweepstakes prize!
- Apr 9, 2010 7:36 PM We just saw a baby seal get killed--please help.
- Apr 7, 2010 8:39 PM You can help prevent animal cruelty!
- Mar 2, 2010 4:58 PM Vote For Your Favorite Pet's Pic!
- Feb 2, 2010 7:33 PM Celebs speak out against horse slaughter, you can too!
We're The Humane Society of the United States, the nation's largest and most powerful animal protection organization. Since 1954 we’ve been fighting to reduce their suffering, and eliminate cruelty and abuse. We celebrate the wonderful bond between humans and animals, and assist when disasters strike.
Introducing: The Shelter Pet Project!
Sign up to join our community of animal lovers today and start receiving action alerts, tips, news and special offers via email.
Who I'd like to meet:
Humane Society Legislative Fund
Stop Puppy Mills Campaign
Chimps Deserve Better Campaign
Factory Farming Campaign
Animal Cruelty & Fighting Campaign
The Humane Society of the United States Supporters
Protect Seals Campaign
Humane Society Student Outreach
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Animal Welfare Advocate
The Humane Society of the United States
- Washington, DC US