MusicOkay, I listen to pretty much everything. My personal theory is that all music, regardless of genre, breaks down as such: 90% is shit, 10% is gold. Granted, I listen to some shit. I do it for various reasons. Some shit just strikes the right chord, y'know? But the point is this, and it's important that you know this: I can more than likely kick your ass at a karaoke challenge. Not saying I'm the best, just the best that I know of.
Most recent acquisitions: NIN, David Bowie, Kanye West, Johnny Cash, Elton John, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin (been on a 70's rock kick lately), Dropkick Murphys, Eddie Vedder, Tom Morello, The Juno Soundtrack, Neil Young, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Travis Tritt, The Who, NWA, and some others... This was all done at the end of 2007/beginning of 2008, so you can imagine that I listen to many things.
MoviesTake my music theory and apply it to movies. There's a 90/10 split here too and again, sometimes, I like some shit. I think I'd outright marry a girl who finds Hudson Hawk as hilarious as I do. Hell, I'd outright marry a guy who finds Hudson Hawk as hilarious as I do... Imagine that headline: "Man Goes Gay Over Hudson Hawk".
Stuff I've seen recently: John Rambo (it's good suck, C+), Cloverfield (ultimately pointless, D), There Will Be Blood (really good, A), Juno (SEE IT, I COMMAND YOU! A), No Country for Old Men (HOLY SHIT. SEE IT. A), Golden Compass (Meh. Not very good, especially when you consider there won't likely be a sequel. C-), 30 Days of Night (better than I thought it'd be, but still headache inducing with the rapid camera shaking. B-), I Am Legend (very entertaining, not great, better on second viewing because of all the extras you notice. B+)
Movies I'm gonna see: Iron Man (so very hopeful...), Hellboy 2 (Del Toro for the win.), Dark Knight (oh, baby!),
Movie I'm gonna see knowing that they most likely ruined what made the source material worth a look: Wanted (Hollywood doesn't have the sack to make this movie, so they made another one and named it the same.)
TelevisionHaven't been much of a television guy in awhile. Most viewing gets done on the interwebs these days. But...
Shows I like: Modern Marvels, My name is Earl, Simpsons, Scrubs, Cash Cab, 30 Rock, Poker After Dark, VENTURE BROTHERS (you should hear my Brock Samson impersonation), Daily Show/Colbert Report...
Shows I miss: DEADWOOD, Futurama, FIREFLY...
Show I used to love, but has quickly turned into suck: Weeds.
Shows I wished they'd make: BJ and the Bear 2020, Night of the Living Deadwood, Sex and the Sex, CSI: Lusk, Wyoming (look the place up, it'd be funny!), The Politicians Shot Into Space channel, and finally, anything written by Justin Newberry (pay me, you bastards!)
Shows I NEVER want to see: Golden Girls Gone Wild, Pretty People With Problems (there are tons of shows out there that are this), Stallone: Speech Therapist (wait, that could be funny!)
BooksLot of books. More comics/graphic novels than prose-only works, but what can I say? I want to be in that field and after all, it is the world's oldest artform. Yes, cave drawings and comics are essentially the same thing... I know, it's amazing.
Most recent prose-only book: re-read of A Scanner Darkly, by Phillip K. Dick. If the words "the book completely blows the movie out of the water" ever applied anywhere...
Most recent graphic novel: The Goon: Chinatown, by Eric Powell. If the words "God, I hate how much better than me this guy is..." ever applied anywhere...
Books I'm working on (not as in reading, but as in writing): Super, Mama's Boys, The Door.
Books I don't need to read: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Self Mutilation, Paris Hilton: An Autobiography, How Harry Potter Met Sally: Movie Adaptation.
HeroesThis section used to have a big rant about my dad, but i felt guilty for leaving my mom out since I hold her in equal esteem, so now the short answer to this is: my parents.
About me:Here's the quick facts: Vegas native, day manager of a comic book store (FRIEND US!), also owns a "media" company (comics and films sporadically, wide-format printing and the like whenever you need), love my parents, love my two brothers (one older, one younger) more than I probably should, love my grandmother and will always be here for her, loyal to my best friends and very picky about who I let be one, plenty of "orbiting friends" and acquaintances, geek, intellectual, romantic, huckster, et cetera, et cetera. .. .. ..
Who I'd like to meet:"Uhh, well, I'd have to say... Einstein... Or Jesus."
"Thank you. Very good answer..."
So yeah, the person who can tell me what movie the above quote comes from, them I definitely want to meet. And just to be fair to everyone out there, here's a couple of clues.
1) Movie is less than ten years old.
2) Star of movie had never made a sequel to any of his movies until one that premiered in December 2007.
3) The Turtles (the band, not the teenage mutant ninja) probably made a bunch of money off usage rights for this flick.
4) Title is the cornerstone to evolution.
Other than that... Well... How about some random ones... I'll keep adding them as they come to me.
1) Not a party girl. A girl who parties once in awhile I can get down with, but I can't deal with someone who knows the doormen at every single club in town. I work in a nightclub, so it's not very often that I want to hang out in one. The flip-side of this is that I am almost always in the mood to go out dancing. Swing, Latin, Ballroom... I may not be very good, but I'm willing to learn, which is more than can be said for most gents.
Which brings up another thing:
1a) Someone who is secure with the fact that I work in a nightclub. Look, I promise, I won't "find someone better" at work. How can you trust me, you ask? I work in a men's bathroom... And it's at a gay nightclub! I'm not meeting any women at work, I can assure you. Heck, even when I do meet one, there is a good possibility that she's a he, so that ain't happenin'...
2) Someone with a sense of humor. If the above made you chuckle, you're in. If all you thought while reading it was, "Why does he have to promise not to cheat? 'Cause he's a cheater, that's why! Nobody would ever say anything remotely involving something bad unless they have done it or are planning to!", you'd best just move along... Not particularly interested in someone who reads too much into everything.
3) Someone who reads!!! Look, you don't have to be a bookworm, but at least be literate.
4) Like animals? Well, I do. All sorts. Dogs (had two Shepweilers I had to give away awhile back, miss them much), cats (I have three), rodents (never owned any, but always liked my brother's), horses (whole stable of them across the street from me), et cetera, et cetera. I have to have animals in my life, so it'd be nice to be around someone who's not gonna give me a bunch of guff for being a big, tough manly man who is totally gay for his cats... Which reminds me, I don't care if you're a "cat person" or a "dog person", but please, no animal snobbery while around me. I hate it when a person tries to justify their personal preference, hoping that somehow, if they make their argument convincing enough, I'm gonna suddenly go "Oh my god! You're right! ________ are clearly the better animal! Thank you! Thank you for showing me the error of my ways!"
More to come...
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
- Hometown: Las Vegas
- Orientation: Straight
- Body type: 6' 2" / Some extra baggage
- Ethnicity: Other
- Religion: Other
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Children: Someday
- Smoke / Drink: No / Yes
- Education: Some college
- Occupation: Publishing comics and staffing attendants in clubs
1995 to 1997
- Las Vegas,Nevada
- Graduated: 1997
- Student status: Alumni
- Degree: High School Diploma
- Las Vegas, Nevada US
- Las Vegas, Nevada US