02:10 | 139 plays | Nov 30 2010
About me:Art is the cure...
Is an international movement devoted to bringing art as a form of therapy to the masses, using inspiration in its purest form to change lives. Directing the movement is Rich Simmons, new star of the street art scene. Since he began AITC in 2008, Rich has dedicated his time to introducing people to the benefits of street art as therapy. His efforts were quickly recognised. He became a Princes Trust Ambassador in 2009 going on to be nominated for Young Ambassador of the year in 2010. More recently he has won the first ever, national Vinspired award for being the UK’s most inspirational volunteer. He is now the face of the Vinspired campaign.
Everybody has the ability to be creative, anybody can become an inspiration and we all have a cure at our fingertips. Art is something that transcends social barriers and speaks to everyone; it can also be used by anyone who is going through problems as a source of creative release. Through Art Is The Cure, we hope to revolutionise the way people use art and in doing so, create a new generation of socially conscious artistic individuals. AITC is here to help people of all ages and social backgrounds, regardless of experience and talent, to express themselves through art.
We are reaching out to people through a variety of channels...
• Street art workshops – Here we help people of all artistic abilities and social backgrounds to create street art and to understand how art can help their own personal development
• Live art performances – we have created live art at charity events for The Princes Trust, Teens Unite and NSPCC, VIP parties for Eddie Izzard’s Laughs In The Park show, at the Emirates stadium for the PFA pre world cup dinner, as well as in a host of school’s and shopping centre’s around the country.
• Seminars and Public Speaking – We speak at schools, colleges, universities and events about the AITC movement and look to introduce attendees to the benefits of a having their own creative outlet
• Social networking sites – we have over 25,000 followers on Myspace and thousands more on Facebook with new people joining everyday
• http://artisthecure.com/ – Our site is a hub for all to find inspirational testimonies and access to art events or simply support you on your journey
• Art groups - We work closely with other art groups giving them access to our unique skill sets
• Guerrilla marketing - Street artist around the world are now using our Asterisk logo within their work to show their support and involvement in the AITC movement
- Status: Single
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces