Greenpeace stands for positive change through action. We defend the natural world and promote peace.
We investigate, expose and confront environmental abuse by governments and corporations around the world.
We champion environmentally responsible and socially just solutions,including scientific and technical innovation.
And we do stuff in Berkshire too...
Our goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity. We organise public campaigns for:
- Preventing climate change by ending our addiction to polluting fuels and promoting clean, renewable and efficient energy
- Protection of oceans and ancient forests
- Elimination of toxic chemicals
- Preventing the release of genetically modified organisms into nature
- Nuclear disarmament and an end to nuclear contamination
- Preacher John
- Glasswerk presents Reve…
- Rob Owen
- Small Engine Repair
- Enjoy Destroy
- Phoenix Williams
- Green Me GmbH
- The Details
- Ellie Crying Eyes
- free chronic pain relie…
- GENERAL BLEED(WE MAKE P…
- Laura Marling
- Paloma Faith
- Wear Wolves
- The Vibes
- Rock'n'Reel Magazine
- Heron Open Mind, Inser…
- Festival Annual
- Patrice Pike Band
- The Model Village
- Mary Royalty
- The Sand Creek Massacre
- SHE S A BOY
- SAMOS . Loving an Islan…
- The Firestation
- Calling Wendy
- The Ironic Harvest
- Brian Hatherley
- Seize The Day
- The Quotes
- Come Together Festival
- Michael Pearce
- Jumping Ships
- Famima USA
- Pablo Pablo
This is the MySpace for Berkshire-based Greenpeace Active Supporters.
The Greenpeace Active Supporter network is made up of thousands of volunteers all around the UK who are involved in delivering Greenpeace campaigns in a number of ways. Some are involved in groups or networks like Berkshire Greenpeace, and many are active as individuals with Greenpeace.
You can get active with Greenpeace locally in Berkshire in a number of ways:
- - Letter writing or e-mail campaigning
- - Lobbying politicians and companies
- - Campaigning through your local media
- - Getting active with Berkshire Greenpeace and helping at events such as Glastonbury and WOMAD!
- - Fundraising for Greenpeace
- - Getting trained in and participating in non-violent direct action (NVDA)
Berkshire Greenpeace meet every first Thursday of the month upstairs at Reading International Solidarity Centre in London Street, Reading at 8pm. We usually gather downstairs in the Global Cafe from about 7.30pm. Ask the bar staff to point you in our direction. We might even buy you a drink!
If you'd like to find out more about what happens at the meetings or want to know more about Berkshire Greenpeace's activities please email us or send us a message through this MySpace.
We look forward to meeting you!
PS If you're not from Berkshire but want to get involved in the UK, go to the Greenpeace Active Supporters website to find your nearest local group...
Stornoway - The Good Fish Guide
Who I'd like to meet:
- Status: Swinger
- Here for: Networking, Serious Relationships, Friends
- Hometown: Berkshire
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo