• A conseptual work of art which is happening in time and space. A whole town is built using mainly cardboard and other cheap materials. The town is situated in one place at the one moment. The artwork is having its building time, living time and ending. The town is managed by the gentle Tyran, who has the power to make the rules to each cardboardia town.
• Is a place where people can just hang around, make art of their own, live and, enjoy of many kind of arts.
• A role-game. Anyone can become the Personage of Cardboardia.
• Children’s theatre program, animations, movies, photographs.
• An interactive exhibition of souvenirs and objects of modern arts.
• Modern piece of art itself.
For Finnish Tourists and Personages:
Cardboardia - 'Pahvistan' on:
• Yhteisöllinen, ajassa ja tilassa tapahtuva käsitetaideteos, joka rakennetaan kartongista aina joksikin aikaa eri paikkakunnille ja puretaan lopuksi pois • Paikka, jossa yleisö voi pistäytyä, olla, tehdä ja nauttia taiteesta
• Roolipeli! Liity Cardboardia - Pahvistanin henkilöstöön!
• Työpajoja, performansseja, pelejä, kisoja, konsertteja, tarinoita.
• Lastenteatteria, animaatioita, elokuvia, valokuvia.
• Interaktiivinen matkamuistomyymälä ja -näyttely.
• Itsessään moderni taideteos.
Some Russian pressa quotation about CardboardTown (jan 2008):
“On the opening day of the project a solemn rising of Cardboardia’s flag took place and Cardboardia’s hymn was performed, “non-alternative elections of Cardboardia’s Tyrant” were in progress, after which a cardboard tree was sold by auction.” “We don’t have any police, but have a psycho-executer. Now he is on vacation though.” “I really liked the way the Principal Gardener made cardboard trees and I want to create a small fairy-tale forest out of cardboard in one of the Moscow galleries”,- said Korsakov.”
«RIA News», Moscow
A cardboard land appeared in Moscow
“Everything in this town is functioning, said Asja Philippova, the director of PROJECT_FABRIKA. “In the first place, the idea was invented by Sergej Korsakov, who wanted to create a land where every person can self-express himself as he wishes, and a land where every person will be able to feel like a child and like an artist at the same time.”
Real life in a cardboard land
“The Cardboard town built on an area of 500 meters in the exhibition centre Project_Fabrika will open its doors to visitors on the 8th of January. For two weeks the town will live its own life and the organizers promise that there will be lots of interesting events taking place. The town has: a Center of Modern Cardboard, a Cardboard Fashion House, a Requiring Payment Voluntary Jail, a Hotel, a Post office, a Doll’s House, a Photo-studio, a Parking Lot, a Cardboard Bank. Guests of Cardboard Town may participate in the town's life: street processions, head of state elections, carnivals, concerts, exhibitions, master-classes, cardboard fashion shows, children performances - like in any other town.”
A cardboard town appeared in Moscow
"… to find your way here, you have to pass an inconspicuous gate-way of a once classified factory or join one of the groups of students, who gather in the evenings with rolls of cardboard and home-made models in hands."
"The population of Cardboardia is constantly growing. Anyone, who comes to the interactive exhibition, can build his own house and become a citizen of the cardboard land…"
- Jul 11, 2010 8:52 AM First Architecture Contest of Cardboardia. April 2010. Moscow. Russia.
- Sep 6, 2009 6:39 PM Tyran's words. Cardboardia objects and pictures exhibition in Berlin.
- Jul 16, 2009 1:33 PM Materialisation 5.1. in Helsinki. Finland. Pahvistan.
- Mar 7, 2009 7:05 PM Cadboardia in Berlin. First party!
- Feb 10, 2009 4:51 PM Cardboardia parties in Berlin (21 march) and Moscow (4 april)
About me:Cardboardia: create, earn, play!
«Cardboardia 'towns' are temporary, collaboratively built and inhabited towns manifesting in Russia, Finland, Germany and other places. Cardboardia is, in essence, a role playing community, where guests can create a new identity while contributing to the growth of the town, using cardboard as their expressive and artistic medium. Every town created under the Cardboardia title is a place where people can reinvent themselves - where, for a short time, everyone can leave behind their daily worries through new ways of self-expression. Cardboardia brings together all people of all ages and backgrounds in a conflict free environment. All the participants have the equal significance and room for self ..Black Rock Arts Foundation,blackrockarts.org)
'Cardboardia' is an international project combining a range of artistic disciplines focused on the creation of a creative community. The participants organize and take part in various cultural projects together. The major project is “Cardboard Town” - the creation of a temporary virtual state called Cardboardia in the territory of different countries.
The aim and purposes of the project
1. Generating of a creative participatory artistic ad social community focused on the coming together of people of different ages
2. Formation of a new public platform for creative dialogue, self-expression and joint activity;
3. Developing a system of opportunities for joint creativity with people of different professions and hobbies, any age and any educational level, including the young and with professional artists, designers, architects, managers, actors and musicians;
4. Promotion of a platform for demonstration of new educational and public initiatives;
5. Development new interactive technologies with local creative communities, educational and charitable organizations and the general public.
It was MATERIALISATION 5.1.:
Tyran’s Transport Artery in Helsinki!
On the territory of Finland, Helsinki, Kasarmitori.
And some photos from Kostja Z http://www.flickr.com/photos/36646573@N02/sets/72157622158366446/
“Cardboardia” – is a socially oriented cultural project, which unites different genres of modern art (painting, theatre, sculpture, architecture, music). It not only attracts creative individuals but also draws the attention of independent creative associations and gives them a site for demonstration of their abilities. Mutual help and a ready site give the opportunity of making a louder statement and finding a way to the right audience. It is an alternative to projects of contemplation – an area of artistic realization for people of all ages and professions.
Quotes, photographs check out in the press-package: http://www.cardboardia.info/booklet_eng_prew.pdf
Cardboardia’s community in Russian: http://community.livejournal.com/kartonija/
Who I'd like to meet:Attention! Of the artists, architects, mass-media representatives, creative group members and other artistic people! Those of you who wish to become personages in advance can have a Cardboard visa made for free if you present an interesting project to the Tyran. You can make your own advertising representing center in the Cardboard Garden, open a trade-shop, lead a workshop or just serve a service for the Tyran by actively participating in the environmental materialization! Send your applications!
Principal Victoria -
+7(962)9467685, ICQ 299-698-674, email@example.com
Video from fist materialisation "PaperTown" - 28 July 2007 year:
- Status: Single
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini