HeroesArtists who do it because they can't stop doing it. Who see fame as a by-product, not a goal. Who see money as a sign of service. Who make their own definition of artistic success.
Is this you? Consider joining as an artist.
- May 1, 2010 6:46 PM Free Guide to House Concerts
- Aug 13, 2008 4:48 AM House Concerts now International -- newsletter
- Jun 5, 2008 6:07 AM Do your fans understand what a house concert is?
- Apr 7, 2008 3:04 AM How much do original artists get paid for live performances?
- Jul 12, 2007 6:16 AM Is this you?
- fran snyder
- James Casto
- Bob Sima (IS on iTunes)
- John Batdorf
- Jeff Talmadge
- Russ & Julie's House Co…
- AUDREY AULD
- James Hurley
- Edie Carey
- Hans York
- Roger Hurricane Wilson …
- Stevie Coyle
- Walter Strauss
- Adrienne Pierce
- Rouse House Concerts
- Craig Bickhardt
- Roy Zimmerman
- Beth Hirsch
- Joe Rathburn
- Chris Valenti Singer …
- ON TRACY LANE
- Banshee in the Kitchen
- Richard Gilewitz
- Strings Attached
About me:Artists! Here's a great tool to promote house concerts to your fans. Link or embed this in your myspace, facebook, or emails, and help us create hundreds of new opportunities for artists.
Concertsinyourhome.com is the most comprehensive and current source of house concert information on the web...
House concerts are intimate music performances, usually solo or duo acts, performing in someone's living room. Hosts promote the shows to their friends, co-workers, and neighbors, and collect a $8-15 donation per guest. The shows are usually unplugged or with a very small p.a. system, and attended by 20-40 people.
These concerts can be very rewarding for performers who are comfortable talking with their audience, and who have a bit of personality to go with their great songs and performances. House concert hosts create great and memorable experiences for their friends and community.
Interested artists should visit the site and take time to appreciate all the helpful and free information. To create an artist profile, we charge a modest yearly fee, most of which is used to fund a professional promotion campaign. For house concert hosts, our services are free. List your house concert series for free, and send us your events to have them listed on your state's calendar.
We hope to hear from you.
Who I'd like to meet:We no longer respond to this page. Please contact us directly ConcertsInYourHome.com
1. Artists who can perform unplugged or close to it, for 75-90 minutes. We are especially interested in those willing to work their fanbase to help expand the house concert market.
2. Music fans (and artists) who would like to host a concert in their home.
3. Music and arts organizations that would like to support our efforts.
4. Music-lovers who are interested in attending house concerts, wherever they might be.
Why play in someone's living room instead of a club? House concert presenters develop a reputation for top-notch performances in a very intimate setting. In doing so, they often develop some degree of a built-in audience. For an artist playing in a new market (town), that audience usually provides much better results than trying to draw a significant crowd to a coffeehouse or a club. It's a great way to break into a market, and to start developing a fanbase that might eventually allow you to have a profitable show in a more traditional venue. Many artists claim that without house concerts, they would actually play fewer clubs - because they wouldn't be able to tour.
- Status: In a Relationship
- Here for: Networking
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Occupation: Helping Artists