- Sep 3, 2009 3:42 PM Urgent News about Conscious Consuming
- Jun 9, 2008 1:49 PM Words of Wisdom from Univ of OK president, David Boren
- Jun 4, 2008 8:21 PM (Not) Keeping Up with Our Parents
- May 31, 2008 2:05 PM 20 MPG = Green Car of the Year???
- May 30, 2008 9:02 PM The greatest shopping spree is over? Good Riddance!!!
- Rev. Billy & The Church…
- Human Rights Awareness …
- ethical movement
- Sofie Reed
- Equal Exchange
- Autonomie Project
- Make Trade Fair
- Green America Foundation
- Whats Up Magazine
- Grassroots International
- Oxfam Action Corps-Denv…
- Nonprofit Organizations
- All Natural Me.com
- The East Boston Make-Ou…
- Shumica e Problematike …
- Shara Hillier
- Jill Kristine Brink
- Jessica Sanchez
- One Last Hope
- D L Russell Photography
- Broseph B. Rude
- Jennifer Best
- Duc Chau
- Derek B.
- Steve Parks
- Tom Anderson
- Zenova Braeden
- Dustin from Rocket Radio
Conscious Consuming seeks to increase awareness of the impact of buying decisions on our health, happiness, and environment. Through education and discussion we encourage people to live in line with their values by better prioritizing time, money, and material things.
Many of the products and services we use in industrialized societies today
are disposable, hazardous, and often, unnecessary. Yet our capitalist economy
depends on our consumption of such products and services, and we are told that
it's un-American to question our role in this arrangement.
Conscious Consumers dare to question; a whole host of variables might go into our decision-making, but the important thing is that we do that thinking. Before we buy, we wonder:
- Is this item in line with my values?
- Does this product or service support my vision for a sustainable, equitable society?
- Is there another product of service that is better aligned with my values?
Join Conscious Consuming at our
Annual Gift It Up Alternative Gift Fair!
Gift It Up!
is an opportunity to give back to the larger community and honor your loved
ones at the same time. You can eliminate holiday stress and rid yourself of
the nagging feeling that your uncle or son-in-law really doesn't need another
tie and your daughter's teacher really doesn't need another apple ornament.
At the fair, learn about the many local, national and international non-profit organizations making a difference in your community. Choose from a list of tangible gifts, such as art supplies for autistic adults, cattle for a family in Cambodia, or dinner for the hungry in Boston!
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Occupation: Education