GeneralThings not to say to a DJATTENTIONBefore requesting songs, making comments, or asking questions of the D.J., please...
CHECK BELOW FOR YOUR REQUEST
1. PLAY SOMETHING GOOD...SOMETHING WE CAN DANCE TO! The D.J. has to play for more than one person...so, what you may hate may be another's favorite song and EVERYTHING played here can be danced to one way or another.
2.WOULD YOU PLAY SOMETHING WITH A BEAT? BE SERIOUS! We know of NO songs played in a club that don't have some sort of a beat!
3. I DON'T KNOW WHO SINGS IT AND I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THE SONG, BUT IT GOES LIKE THIS... Please don't sing for the D.J.! They have to put up with smoke-filled rooms and dangerous decibel levels all night. Do them a favor and DON'T give them a rendition of your favorite song!
4. EVERYBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT! Oh sure, you polled EVERYONE in the club and, as their spokesperson, you are requesting the song.
5. I CAN GET LAID IF YOU PLAY IT! If you are GOOD ENOUGH, you can get laid to anything!! (also been known as "buy the album and get laid for a month!")
6. I WANT TO HEAR IT NEXT! The only people who can get away with that statement write the D.J.'s paycheck!
7. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANNA HEAR...WHAT DO YOU HAVE? It's a lot easier for you to go have another beer and figure out what you want to hear than it is for the D.J. to recite the name of EVERY record in the booth!
8. HEY YO, NOBODY CAN DANCE TO THIS! It is not advisable to say this when the dance floor is packed (but, some people do anyway)! However, even if there is only ONE person on the floor, it STILL contradicts the statement.
9. EVERYBODY WILL DANCE TO IT IF YOU PLAY IT! The D.J. won't...I guess that blows a hole in that theory!
SOME ASSORTED THINGS NOT TO SAY If you ask for a song and the D.J. says he just played it, DON'T SAY, "Well, I just got here." It makes absolutely no difference.
DON'T SAY, "Is this the only kind of music you play?" If you go to a Chinese restuarant, you wouldn't ask for Italian food. Rock clubs play rock, alternative clubs play alternative, discos play disco, etc., etc., etc...
If you ask for a song, BE SPECIFIC. DON'T SAY, "I wanna hear something, anything but this!" Try going to the bar and saying, "I wanna drink something, anything but this..." You can't complain if you're not SPECIFIC. HOWEVER, if you ARE specific and the D.J. says he doesn't have the song, DON'T SAY, "What?!! What do you mean you don't have it? What kind of d.j. are you? Why don't you get into the wonderful world of fast food! You obviously don't know what you're doing as a D.J.!"... HE MAY SHOOT YOU!!!
Special Note A nightclub D.J. gets very little respect. They are expected to play everything for everybody. It is impossible to satisfy all to the people all of the time, yet club jocks are expected to do just that. If a radio jock tells his listeners a song is a hit, the majority of the people think it must be "because they said so on the radio." However, 80% of the time, that same song was being played in a club long before the radio DISCOVERED the NEW song. So, give the D.J. a break! The next time you request a song, stop and THINK before you speak.
And above all, if the Dj has one hand on the mixer, one hand on a TURNTABLE - wearing headphones,DON'T BUG HIM OR HER!!!
, " alt="Debut" />, " alt="Bjork - Greatest Hits" />, " alt="Timeless" />, " alt="Funky Good Time: The Anthology" />, " alt="Songs in the Key of Life" />, " alt="Guerolito" />, " alt="Oracular Spectacular" />, " alt="Keep Your Eyes Ahead" />, " alt="Bring on the Comets" />, " alt="Le Funk" />, " alt="Night on Fire" />, " alt="Made In the Dark" />, " alt="In Ghost Colours" />, " alt="Saturdays=Youth" />, " alt="Dookie" />, " alt="The K&D Sessions [IMPORT]" />, " alt="Logical Progression, Level 1" />, " alt="Journey Inwards" />, " alt="Timeless" />, " alt="Earth, Vol. 1" />, " alt="Buddha Lounge" />, " alt="11i" />, " alt="Who Can You Trust?" />, " alt="Silent Alarm" />, " alt="Black Star" />, " alt="Be" />, " alt="In the Crowd" />, " alt="Shwayze" />, " alt="Back to Black" />, " alt="Public Warning" />, " alt="Arular" />, " alt="Kala" />, " alt="Santogold" />, " alt="The Mirror Conspiracy" />, " alt="Dreamland" />, " alt="Tranceport" />, " alt="Versions" />, " alt="When It Falls" />, " alt="Moon Safari" />, " alt="The Reminder" />, " alt="Fantastic Playroom" />, " alt="Fancy Footwork" />, " alt="Make Sure They See My Face" />, " alt="Blondie - Greatest Hits" />, " alt="The Cure - Greatest Hits" />, " alt="Join the Dots: B-Sides & Rarities, 1978-2001" />, " alt="Best of Bowie" />, " alt="Paid in Full" />, " alt="Midnight Marauders" />, " alt="Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde" />, " alt="Enta da Stage" />, " alt="Uptown Saturday Night" />, " alt="One for All" />, " alt="Here Come the Lords" /> Create Your Own!
, " alt="SLC Punk" />, " alt="Little Miss Sunshine" />, " alt="Pretty Woman (15th Anniversary Special Edition)" />, " alt="American+History+X" />, " alt="A Great Wall" />, " alt="Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (Widescreen Edition)" />, " alt="Ratatouille" />, " alt="Gummo" />, " alt="Kids" />, " alt="Raise the Red Lantern" />, " alt="Spirited Away" />, " alt="Shinobi - Heart Under Blade (Special Edition) [Blu-ray]" />, " alt="Suicide Club (Suicide Circle)" />, " alt="Battle Royale Directors Cut" />, " alt="Spaceballs" />, " alt="Super Troopers" />, " alt="Planes, Trains and Automobiles" />, " alt="Eddie Murphy Raw" />, " alt="Chris Rock - Never Scared" />, " alt="Bowling for Columbine" />, " alt="Run Lola Run" />, " alt="The Wizard of Oz (Two-Disc Special Edition)" />, " alt="What Dreams May Come" />, " alt="Stand By Me (Deluxe Edition)" /> Create Your Own!
BooksI don't really read books, but I did read this
- Feb 3, 2009 2:06 AM Trendsetter Thursdays @ Cathouse AWSOME!!! Thanks Indiekrush.com!!!
- Jan 18, 2009 12:37 PM Deep Thoughts from DJ Supra (Please Read)
- Oct 28, 2008 5:00 AM Another Mix done...Please enjoy :)
- Jan 2, 2008 10:02 PM New Mix Mixture of Electro/Rap/Remixes/and Dance
- Dec 24, 2007 12:52 AM the meaning of life!!!
About me:My DJ Life
It all started in 1989 when she heard “Groove’s In the Heart” by Dee-lite, from that point on she was hooked on music. DJ Supra started her career in late 1999 by doing underground events and house parties in Salt Lake City, Utah. In 2000 she ventured to Las Vegas for a greater experience in the DJ industry. DJ Supra soon established a monthly residency playing house music at the legendary Club Utopia. Later she went on to playing all the major clubs in Las Vegas such as ICE, Tabu, Studio 54, Foundation Room, Risqué, Voodoo Lounge, Green Valley Ranch, House of Blues Las Vegas, and has DJ’ed several clubs in San Francisco such as Impala and Minna Art Gallery. Currently DJ Supra is a weekly resident at one of Las Vegas’s premier mega clubs: Tao, located inside the Venetian Hotel & Casino. She has performed several DJ exhibitions in such great events as the X Games, NAMM, ASR and the Magic Conventions. Supra is part of an all female DJ collective, which consist of her self, world renowned DJ Shortee, Break Beat extraordinaire DJ Annaylze, scratch phenomenon Tyra From Saigon, and up and coming DJ Step One. DJ Supra has established her role as a mixologist in the DJ circuit and is steadily defining her place as a turntablist. Ladies and gentlemen meet DJ Supra.
Booking Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past and Up And Comming Shows
September 13, 2008 @ Jacksonville, FL
August 22, 2008 @ Muse
August 23, 2008 @ Club Rain Forest
March 8, 2008 @ Club Metropolitan
Club Envy ..h
My real life
Okay, I admit it!!! I am really F**kin' lazy! I don't know why. I guess it's because of my carelessness and that fact that I don't need much to live. I do have a house and a car, and enough food in my fridge to last me a couple of weeks at a time. But I feel like I can live with almost nothing. However, I do have to say that I love life. I love my boyfriend, I love my job (most of the time), and I love my family. In case you haven't noticed, I didn't say "I Love my friends" or even "I love friends". I don't have too many close friends. I have 1 or 2 really close friends, and rest of them are just acquaintances. Some are more acquainted than others, but in the end, they're just acquaintances. They are not gonna help you if you're stuck on the freeway 2 o'clock in the morning. A lot of times, I think people find me awkward to talk to. Why? I don't really know. I'm not social, but that doesn't mean I don't like to talk about things. I do love get in conversations of music, art, food, poker, human psychology, world news, and some politics. Sounds boring?!? Maybe, but that's who I am. ..
Who I'd like to meet:
I would like to meet djs, singers, musicians, dancers, and fun and loving go gettaaaaahs!!!!!
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Hometown: Shanghai, China
- Body type: 5' 3" / Average
- Ethnicity: Asian
- Religion: Buddhist
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Children: Someday
- Drink: Yes
- Education: Some college
- Las Vegas, NV US
- Las Vegas, Nevada US
- Resident DJ