About me:National Donor Sabbath is coming up! November 14th-16th is a chance to bring together religious and transplant communities to raise awareness of the urgent need for organ and tissue donors, and to dispel fears about the incompatibility of religion and donation. Every major religion in the United States supports organ and tissue donation as one of the highest expressions of compassion and generosity. Many people have never heard their religious leaders speak out about this critical issue, so here is a great opportunity to change that!
Here are a few ideas for ways to get involved:
· Include donor information in your newsletter, bulletin, website or e-mail.
· Hold a donor drive to encourage individuals to register online and discuss their decision with their families.
· Host a donor awareness workshop, prayer breakfast, or health fair with an information display on donation and presentations by living donors, donor families, transplant recipients, patients awaiting transplants or transplant professionals.
· Request a speaker to come to your congregation to speak about organ and tissue donation.
Did you know...
* That there are almost 100,000 people waiting for an organ transplant today?
* Between 10,000 and 12,000 people die annually who are considered medically suitable for organ donation, yet only an estimated 6,000 donate?
* Of all the deaths in the United States, only 1-2% have the potential to result in organ donation? Unfortunately, only about 50% of those individuals actually donate. If everyone who could donate said yes, the waiting list for transplants would be greatly reduced?
* That every 13 minutes, a name is added to the transplant waiting list?
* Unless you are signed up to the registry, your family will decide whether to donate after death? Many will choose not to, even if their loved one wished to be a donor.
* 17 people die each day waiting for a life-saving transplant?
Help by giving to Donate Life. Register your wishes at www.donatelifecalifornia.org or www.donevidacalifornia.org (spanish)
Donate Life California is a nonprofit Organ and Tissue Donor Registry dedicated to saving the lives of thousands of Californians awaiting life-saving transplants.
Right now more than 20,000 Californians wait for an organ transplant. That's nearly 20 percent of those waiting across our country. Tragically, one third of them will die - waiting.
You have the power to donate life — sign up today to become an organ and tissue donor.
Your generosity can save up to eight lives through organ donation and enhance another 50 through tissue donation.CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Who I'd like to meet:CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- Status: Single
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius