General.. .. .. .. .. .. ..
About me:.. ..
The choice Australians face at the coming election will be the most significant for a generation.
The Howard Government has the plans, experience, determination and commitment to continue doing what’s right for Australia.
Howard Government Achievements
- Eliminated Labor’s $96 billion debt
- Unemployment at a 32-year low
- Interest rates kept low
- More than 2 million jobs created since 1996
- Real wages grown by more than 20% since 1996
- Five successive years of tax cuts
- Average inflation rate of 2.5% - half that of Labor’s
- Five uninterrupted years of tax cuts
- 16% growth in exports in 2006
- 161% increase in the number of apprentices in training since 1996
- $5 billion Higher Education Endowment Fund to secure Australia’s tertiary education sector
- Doubled the Defence Force budget since 1996 to keep Australia secure
- Australian Technical Colleges established
- New Apprenticeships introduced to provide skills training for young people
- Five-fold increase in funding for the Federal Police between 1996 and 2007
- Mandatory literacy testing for all primary school children
- Eight-fold increase in aged care packages since 1996
- Restoring and protecting our natural environment with a $20 billion investment over the last 11 years
- $10 billion plan to secure Australia’s water future
- A $38 billion investment in Australia’s land transport networks over 10 years
- 30% Private Health Insurance Rebate introduced
- Medicare Safety Net helping families with medical costs
- Between 2001 and 2011 over $10.4 billion will be spent on strengthening national security
- Free Trade Agreements with the United States, Thailand and Singapore concluded
- Rural Transaction Centres established to provide basic services to small communities
- $4100 Baby Bonus introduced to assist families with new babies
You can find out more about the Liberal Party here.. ......
Who I'd like to meet:
- Status: Married
- Zodiac Sign: Leo