Drink from My Straw Poll
So the results from my first Annual Every 4 Year Straw Poll are now in. The results have been verified by independent auditors. The results are final. Nobody can challenge the results. Because it is my poll, and I make the rules.
I thank everyone in advance for participating. I mean, those of you who did. Given that 10s of thousands of people at least looked at the blog, certainly means something was drawing their attention.
The results were taken from Blog Comments and individual personal messages to me directly.
The results are as follows:
Who do you want to be the next President?
Other/ Don't care: 5%
The most statistically significant thing I have learned is... I should get more votes than Ron Paul on election day.
So what does this mean? ... well, it means that I will follow the will of the peeps and, strictly based on these results... will cast my vote for Barack Obama on election day.
But a few notes to ponder.
1) I am no dummie. I would rather have 61% of the people here happy with me, than 30%.
2) The personal attacks that happened in the blog were not called for. Much like the personal attacks in the election. The whole... "Grammer and spellin shows u are ignant" argument is just silly. And actually innacurate. Just becawse someone don't spell good, doesnn't meen they are Republiscans or Demosmats. Teepos are possibles with either saide. So give up that argument. Please. For the love of god.
I did not delete those comments, because I wanted both sides to see how silly an argument it is.
3) Similarly, the argument that can best be titled, "We don't know who he is", or "He might be a terrorist" is just redunculous. With all of the background checks and investigative reports and reporting that has been done over the last TWO YEARS... if someone hasn't found it by now... it ain't there. So don't be silly.
These are 2 good men. Don't reduce good arguments on both sides, and a real difference of opinion to personal attacks of character.
4) Sarah Palin is hot. She has the librarian thing going on. And I don't dislike that. No further comment is needed.
5) Joe Biden is not nearly as hot. In fact, I feel it safe to say I am not attracted to him in the least.
Both sides have excellent arguments. Just stop name calling and argue about the real differences that these guys have...
Good? OK. Good.
In other news... THE OFFICE is back on tonight with an ALL NEW EPISODE on the Mothership. CRIME AID... is the name of the footage. There is a robbery at The Office, and stuff is stolen. In my case... very valuable stuff.
Congrats to all of us. And by "all of us" i mean viewers/ fans, etc. The Office, for the first 3 episodes of the year, have had almost identical ratings/ viewers than it had at the same time last year. EVERY OTHER show on network tv, is having a reversal, due to dvr thingies. So it really is amazing. So congrats to you. And thanks from me.
Whoever you support... Go Vote on Nov. 4. And Whoever you support... for krikies sake... keep watching the show.
Peace and all kinds of love,