Our mission is to:
* present cultural and educational programs that increase understanding of different cultures and support efforts to build a more just society.
* operate a multi-use cultural center/community gathering place where people of all races and cultures can share the rich and diverse heritages of the Americas and learn about cultural, political and social conditions in Latin America, the US, and around the world.
* support the work of community organizations that are active in international and domestic social justice issues.
* encourage the development of different art forms for all disciplines, keeping alive cultural roots that foster a better vision for the future.
Who I'd like to meet:
La Peña Core Values
* Commitment to peace and social justice
* Commitment to struggle against racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, etc.
* Compassion for all people
* Respect for the earth and its resources
In accordance with these values, La Peña's staff and volunteers are expected to make an active commitment to:
* Keeping the facility operating so that the mission of the organization can be furthered.
* Working cooperatively and collectively.
* Respecting the institution of La Peña and its resources as well as all co-workers.
* Working towards or maintaining bilingualism in Spanish and English.