6 WEEKS... Glastonbury Festival 2013 opens!! Our Darius Akashic has put together a 3 part mix inspired by all... http://t.co/bDrWUzwuGm
DON'T MISS THIS!!! Our very own DJ Gideon, co-creator of the world famous NYC Downlow, will be playing an... http://t.co/HdpTNGnoPT
If you have been following the whole Daft Punk hype, you better read this great piece on Disco history by Downlow... http://t.co/JNvOdrGZzo
We just found our happy place, listening to the latest show on The Downlow Radio... welcome back HiFi Brown,... http://t.co/7epVpCKgdf
GeneralThe world's first travelling homo disco. Incorporating www.thedownlowradio.com
- Mar 23, 2010 11:12 PM STARTING WEDNESDAY!!! NYC DOWNLOW/DOWNLOW RADIO IN STAGE VERSION OF GLASTONBURY'S ‘TRASH CITY’
- Feb 14, 2010 5:23 PM Downlow Radio adds yet MORE valentines shows for your aural delight!
- Feb 7, 2010 4:48 PM Love The Downlow Radio: Valentine’s Special
- Jan 23, 2010 2:02 PM SIX GREAT NEW SHOWS ON THE DOWNLOW RADIO
- Jan 12, 2010 12:03 AM 4 NEW HOT HOT SHOWS ON THE DOWNLOW RADIO FOR 2010 - THIS IS JUST THE START BABY!
About me:In its first year at Glastonbury Festival, the New York City Downlow – the world’s first travelling homo disco – was crowned NME’s ‘favourite after party’ after hosting the hottest parties seen at the festival since the end of the rave era. The rise of the NYC Downlow, billed as the UK’s first ever gay, festival venue has seen it gain legendary status over its 3-year history. Hoards of revellers, gay and straight, can be seen queuing through the night to try their luck inside the seedy gay sweatbox. Issued with stick-on moustaches at the “Porn Kiosk”, guests are greeted by a huge thumping sound system playing deep dark disco and vintage acid house and hosted by guerrilla drag superstars like the infamous Jonny Woo. The NYC Downlow is built on the musical foundations of the vintage black US soul and disco once played in gay venues across America, so the launch of an online radio station by Downlow creators Block9 seems only right. thedownlowradio.com serves choice cuts of Disco, Acid House, Soul, Funk, Rare Groove and even Gospel, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – a smack in the face of tired, commercial, trash-pop typical of the gay scene today.
Who I'd like to meet:All of you.
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Hometown: New York City
- Orientation: Gay
- Body type: 6' 0" / Body builder
- Ethnicity: Latino / Hispanic
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Drink: Yes
- Occupation: Sailor