HERON - RIVIÈRE DU DÉTROIT
Title: Rivière du Détroit
Label: KMS Records
Release date: November 2012
Genre: Detroit Techno
Heron - Rivière du Détroit [KMS RECORDS]- out 5th November! by Heron
CARL COX DROPPING "TUESDAY REVOLUTION" AT BPM FESTIVAL:
HERON - CHIJA EP
Title: Chija EP
Label: Afro Acid
Release date: September 2012
Genre: Acid, Acid House
[AFROACID] Heron - Chija EP by Heron
Many times, biographies of techno acts start by singing their praise of an extremely early, extraordinary talent on synthesizers and other electronic devices. In Heron’s case, things are different: Because Martin Spittel has been shaped musically since his childhood, the influences were as diverse as music can be. On one side, there was his grandfather, who played various instruments, and to whom young Martin related closest to and whose influence still lasts until today. On the other side there were his cousins who were not much older than himself, enthusiastic about AC/DC, and band members themselves. Over the course of the following years, he explored the diversity of Black, Death and Trash Metal, EBM and Industrial, right up to Detroit Techno.
Ever since then, Heron's environment served as compensation to fierce parties and expanding his musical horizon. This symbiosis from the love of nature and the musical influences from his early childhood are a direct reflection of Heron’s entire life. Following the scream of the waders (limicoline birds), he moved to picturesque island Norderney in 2005. There, exploring the island’s national park, he decided to live up to his enthusiasm about nature by going to study landscape ecology at the University of Münster. It turned out: The relocation to Münster was the initial spark for his career; the months in Norderney were inspiration for the name of his label “Limikola” which was founded in late 2008 and now enjoys enormous support by both DJs and fans.
After launching his now very successful °Schaltkreis-parties with four friends in mid-2007, everything went quickly: His first own radio show “The Grasshopper Warbler”, contacts to prominent players like Someone Else and Heartthrob, and finally the moment in early 2008 during the season’s opening at Time Warp, when Richie Hawtin played all three tracks from Heron’s Retro EP. It was merely his second EP, released on a netlabel (Minisome), and it became immediately successful. A knightly accolade. The two have been in touch regularly since.
The journey that Heron started lead to his bombshell track “Welcome to the Adventure Club” that charted in the Beatport charts in 2008, and continued with remixes and releases for Synewave, Supdub, Swap, micro.fon, Prosthetic Pressings and Sleaze Records. In 2010, it culminated with a tour across North America during the summer.
In 2011 his label Limikola started getting bigger - including a huge support by remixers like Troy Pierce, Heartthrob, Miro Pajic and lots of more.
Besides this project other ideas grew up, the focus on his old school roots got more and more strong. With remixes for Damon Wild's Techno classic "Avion", Tim Grothe and Ziel100 he showed the crowd where he comes from.
Upcoming releases on DJ Pierre's label Afro Acid - Chicago's Acid House legend - , Hans Bouffmyhre's label Sleaze are already on the schedule - and much more stuff is coming up ...
(Martin Camphausen & Sandra Peter)
LATEST RELEASES / REMIXES:
DJ SETS FOR DOWNLOAD
DJ Sets by Heron
• Retro EP (MP3) - Minsome (2008)
• Retro EP (12") - 360° Rec. (2008) - (Re-Mastered/Re-Release)
• Welcome To The Adventure Club (MP3) - Supdub Digitales (2008)
• Reinterpretations (MP3) - Limikola (2008)
• The Lost World (MP3) - Limikola (2008)
• Revolt (MP3)- Limikola (2009)
• The Soul Of Emptiness (12") - Mainrecords Limited (2009)
• Clockwork EP (12”) + Kane Roth Remix – Ministate (2009)
• Revolt Remixed - Bryan Zentz, Someone Else & DJ Emerson– Limikola (2009)
• Rufus – Limikola – single sided 12“ + digital (2010)
• Deer Hunter – First Stage Recordings (2010) (Release for the Cancer Research)
• Heron & Tim Grothe – Spark Plug EP – Synewave (2010)
• Calling Dusk – Seta Label (2011)
• Rufus Remixes (Heartthrob & Troy Pierce, Miro Pajic, Nebes Remixes) – Limikola (2011)
• Odd Birds - Sleaze (2012)
• Chija EP - Afro Acid (2012)
• Rivière du Détroit - KMS Records (2012)
• Jan Hendez - Warb (Heron Remix) - Swap (2009)
• Gennaro Mastrantonio & Billy Johnston – Space (Heron Remix) – Sleaze (2010)
• Morgan Tomas - Empty Club (Heron's Detroit Big Room Remix) - Prosthetic Pressings (2010)
• Pheek – Retrouvailles (Heron Remix) – Setalabel (2010)
• Daegon – Close To Me (Heron's Close To The Edge Rework) – Googoo Records (2010)
• Miro Pajic – Meow (Heron Remix) – Lazerslut (2010)
• Hans Bouffmyhre – Smokescreen (Heron Remix) – Capsula (2010)
• Ziel 100 – Cluster (Heron Remix) – Permanent (2010)
• Damon Wild – Avion (Heron Remix) – Synewave (2011)
• Dopey – Inversion (Heron Reworks) – Drops Miami (2011)
• Someone Else – Bedroom Eyes (Heron Remix) – Limikola (2011)
• Tim Grothe – Shipwrecked (Heron Remix) – K:lender LTD (2011)
• Yan Stricker - It Was (Heron's Lost In The 90s Rework) - !Organism (2012)
• Angel Alanis - Tube (Heron Remix) - Slap Jaxx (2012)