GeneralMusic from movies, TV, commercials, video games. ReelSoundtrack, not just the songs that a studio chooses to release on CD.
Artists whose songs are used most often in movies, TV shows, commercials and video games, according to the ReelSoundtrack database: 1. Tupac Shakur - Half Past Dead and a lot from Tupac: Resurrection
2. Elvis Presley - Beach movies, musicals and just about everywhere else.
3. Lisa Kudrow - Sang 47 songs on Friends
4. They Might Be Giants - Austin Powers, Chrysler ads and Gigantic, a documentary about their music
5. Bob Dylan - Victoria Secret, Wonder Boys, Vanilla Sky, Ali, Jerry Maguire, etc.
6. Rolling Stones - Apple and Microsoft, Big Chill, Casino, Basquiat, Some Kind of Wonderful and more
7. James Brown - Grand Theft Auto, Boiler Room, Back to the Future, Friday, Summer School
8. Ray Charles - Ray, Elf, Fisher King, Parent Trap and Drumline
9. David Bowie - Labyrinth, Almost Famous, Clueless, Hackers, Guitar Hero, FTD
10. Beatles - Nike, Karaoke Revolution 3, I Am Sam, Armageddon, Imagine: John Lennon
The following movies contain the most songs, according to the ReelSoundtrack database. 1. Tupac: Resurrection – 81 songs
2. Natural Born Killers – 71 songs
3. Drumline – 63 songs
4. Casino – 60 songs
5. Forrest Gump – 58 songs
6. High Fidelity – 57 songs
7. The Commitments – 50 songs
8. Can’t Hardly Wait – 49 songs
9. Almost Famous – 49 songs
10. 24 Hour Party People – 48 songs
The first person play piano at a silent movie
>The inventor of TiVo and founder of NetFlix
The host of Cinemagic on XM
Anyone who has paused, rewound, squinted and strained repeatedly to figure out the name of that song that just driving you mad.
- Dec 16, 2006 4:02 AM The Pursuit of Happyness Soundtrack
- Dec 16, 2006 3:56 AM Eragon Soundtrack - Avril Lavigne and Jem
- Dec 12, 2006 10:37 PM 12 Christmas Songs Most Widely Used in Movies
- Dec 10, 2006 6:21 PM The Holiday is a Tenacious D Christmas - Music from the Movie
- Dec 9, 2006 6:27 PM A Bassomatic in Every Home - Saturday Night Live
Five years ago, Michelle came to me and said how disappointed she was with the soundtrack CD for the movie Shag. She loved the music in the movie, but none of those songs were on the CD soundtrack. The soundtrack contained a bunch of other songs that weren't nearly as good.
So I watched the movie, took note of every song and created a CD of my own. I called it the Real Soundtrack (or the ReelSoundtrack) for Shag. I burned her a copy. She loved it. Eventually she even agreed to marry me. I credit ReelSoundtrack for playing an important part. An idea was born. When I told a couple people the story, they asked if I knew the songs in other movies. So I started making a list. Interest turned to obsession.
Over the last couple years, I spent too many Red Bull and sour gummy worm-fueled late nights manually entering more than 35,000 songs from movies, TV shows and commercials into a database.
Now, the database is live at ReelSoundtrack. And since MySpace started as a site for bands to share their music, I figured this is a good place to continue the conversation. If you love music from music, movies, TV shows, commercials and video games, then ReelSoundtrack is your friend...
Who I'd like to meet:
Danny Elfman - For Oingo Boingo, Edward Scissor Hands and even the theme from Desperate Housewives.
John Williams - A brilliant composer for an eclectic collection of films, from 1941 and Empire of the Sun to Ferris Bueller, Harry Potter and Indiana Jones.
Zach Braff - For personally begging the Shins, Frou Frou, Coldplay, Zero 7 and Thievery Corporation to allow him to include their songs in Garden State.
P.T. Anderson - For writing an entire movie (Magnolia) based on a single line from an Amy Mann song.
Drew Barrymore - Who pays as much attention to the music in her movies as the movies themselves, paying $1 million for Prodigy's "Smack my b*tch up" in Charlie's Angels.
Sandy DeCrescent - The music contractor for what seems like half the movies released each year.
- Status: Married
- Here for: Networking
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Smoke / Drink: No / Yes
- Occupation: Music lover
University Of Florida
2006 to Present
- Gainesville, FL
- Graduated: N/A
- Degree: Master's Degree
Claremont Mckenna College
1994 to 1998
- Claremont, CA
- Graduated: 1998
- Student status: Alumni
- Degree: Bachelor's Degree