GeneralReclaiming old cruising grounds, porn theaters and bath houses.
- Jan 10, 2010 10:13 PM NEW ONLINE MEDIA
- Mar 28, 2009 9:20 PM THERE IS NO OPTION: call for artists
- Feb 15, 2009 7:00 PM Post Valentines BRUNCH: Steps Toward Recovery
- Jan 6, 2009 3:29 AM Cinema Revolution January Discussion Series
- Dec 29, 2008 10:44 PM Channeling: An Invocation of Spectral Bodies and Queer Spirits
About me:WHO ARE WE? AND WHY ARE WE SO ANGRY?
We are the REVOLTING QUEERS! We are a collective bent on changing the current political social landscape of the Twin Cities, through imaginative protest and street theater, as well as creating a space for like minded individuals to meet and cultivate our community. We are interested in developing a new queer movement reclaiming the assimilationist GLBT movement.
A group of queer people got together because they were frustrated with the apolitical, homonormative, corporate-owned, gay marriage obsessed Pride festival in the Twin Cities and started the Revolting Queers in early 2007.
In the last weekend of June, 2007, we staged a funeral procession through the Pride parade entitled "In Loving Memory Of...", in which we carried coffins for various issues which have died due to the obsession with gay marriage.
We are always looking to meet new people, and would love to have you join us!
EVENTS: Zines Zines Zines!!!! We are busy writing and drawing up our new zines We have two for sale right now and more on the way if you would liked to be involved in this project please contact us
- THE RED GARDEN, in which we will explore Marxist readings and a skillshare of urban gardening/food production.
- Movie night, a monthly rotating queer film night. ..
Who I'd like to meet:We want to meet YOU!
We need lots of help as we continue our work after Pride 2007.
We will also have lots of other volunteer opportunities if you can't make the meetings. Do you like to paint? Stencil? Build things? Act? Cheer? Shout? Sing? Dress up? Great! Then join us!
join our yahoo group to keep updated and get involved http://groups.yahoo.com/group/revoltingqueers/ Send us a message!
- Status: Single
- Orientation: Lesbian
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer