Music.. There's a whole freakin' lot of good music out there. In addition to that, I make my own.
Some recent musical projects I've been attached to:
- Christ Church Cranbrook Choir - an excellent church choir in Bloomfield Hills, MI. I'm a tenor. I also help direct the Men's Compline Choir, and play bass with the contemporary group, C3MX. I've also just recently volunteered to help out with the Cranbrook Ringers handbell choir (I'm primarily on A5/A7 and B5/B7).
- Ad Libidos - a male quartet. We all sing all different parts. We do barbershop, do-wop, folk songs ... umm, and other stuff. Watch for our CD "real soon."
- Signature 4 - is the working title of a newly formed mixed quartet. We're doing a capella versions of popular tunes.
- Con Spirito! - a men's choir. 1st Tenor. We went on a Scandanavian Tour in 2005, with Renaissance Voices, a women's choir. We'd smash together and do some combined pieces too. We really started sounding great by the end of the tour. Both groups were put on hiatus, brought back to life, and now Con Spirito! is on hold again. :-)
- I just joined Cantata Academy Chorale, and I'm looking forward to a great 2007/2008 season!
BooksI am a published poet. Seriously!
One of my poems was published in this book:
- Jan 15, 2008 6:20 PM Ladle Rat Rotten Hut
- Nov 29, 2007 7:30 AM Name that tune! 12/02 Gregorian Chant Compline Service
- Nov 2, 2007 7:50 AM Name that tune! 11/04 Gregorian Chant Compline Service
- Oct 18, 2007 5:00 AM Name that tune! 10/21 Gregorian Chant Compline Service
- Oct 12, 2007 5:44 AM Name that tune! 10/14 Gregorian Chant Compline Service
About me:I am a professional pilot and musician.
I'm safer as a pilot than as a musician, but I guess I'm better as a musician because I've made more money at it. Hmm.
Who I'd like to meet:Feel free to IM me - brienkmeehan on AIM or Yahoo!
- Status: Married
- Hometown: Royal Oak, MI
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Occupation: Pilot
Wayne State University
1983 to 1988
- Graduated: N/A
- Student status: Alumni
- Degree: None
- Clubs: Men's Glee Club, Chamber Singers, Association for Computing Machinery
October 2005 - present
- Troy, Michigan US
- Owner / Operator