GeneralThe environment, climate change, renewable energy, peak oil, free donations, organic food, recycling, pollution, deforestation, biodiversity, wildlife, global warming, farming, genetic modification, gmo, solar power, wind energy, energy conservation, fossil fuels, nuclear energy, biofuels, wave energy, overpopulation, waste, self sufficiency, eco activism, volunteering, eco tips
- May 25, 2008 7:55 AM New community eco blogs launched
- Apr 8, 2008 12:34 PM Are balloons bad for the environment?
- Apr 8, 2008 12:30 PM Do wildlife shows put ratings ahead of their subjects?
- Apr 7, 2008 3:17 PM Earth in crisis, warns NASA’s top climate scientist
- Mar 11, 2008 9:03 AM Solar paint
The Environment Site was created as part of a MSc study into the impact the Internet can have on charitable contributions. Its aim is two fold. Firstly it aims to help fund the work of the Surrey Wildlife Trust in protecting areas of outstanding natural beauty in the county of Surrey. Secondly it aims to help people globally to increase their environmental awareness and provide easy means with which people can make small changes to their lifestyle to help the environment.
Things You Can Do at The Environment Site:I guess the site is split into two main areas. One section provides you with things to help the environment (for little or no cost). The other section allows you to learn about and discuss the environment.
How you can HelpWe have several free donation facilities that allow you to help the environment without it costing you any extra. These include:
- Click to donate - Click a button, raise money for environmental charities. Simple (and free). What are you waiting for?
- Search to donate - You all search the web right? Now your searches can raise money and help the environment.
- Shop to donate - Everyone loves to shop but treating yourself is not what eco warriors do right? Wrong. Now you can shop to your hearts content and a percentage of each purchase goes towards helping the environment. Everyone's a winner!
How you can LearnWe have several ways that you can learn about the environment and interact with others around the world. These include:
- The Environment Site Forum - I love this place, we have over 2,500 people from all over the world debating the latest environmental issues. Some of the topics under discussion include: climate change, renewable energy, peak oil, recycling, deforestation, biodiversity, over population, organic farming and much more.
- Eco Tips - Doing your bit is really easy, you just have to know how. With our eco tips knowledge base you have no excuses any more. 100's of great and easy to implement tips to help reduce your environmental impact (and save money!)
Ways you can help usObviously the more people that know about The Environment Site the better, so there are some ways you can help us to do this. These include:
Latest Forum Topics..
|Softkey Left||softkey Right|
Who I'd like to meet:Anyone that has an interest in environmental issues.
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Hometown: Cowes
- Body type: 0' 1" / Athletic
- Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Smoke: No
- Education: Post grad