Generalsocial equality, economic democracy, anti-capitalism, anti-imperialism, anti-racism, feminism, movement-building, civil liberties, internationalism, solidarity, social ownership, workers' self-management, JOBS, PEACE, and FREEDOM!
- Nov 18, 2008 2:23 PM Socialists Expecting Business-as-Usual from President-Elect Obama
- Nov 3, 2008 9:40 AM Brian Moore Names Prospective Cabinet Members
- Nov 2, 2008 10:04 AM Socialist Ticket Certified in 29 States; Competing for 328 Electoral Votes on Tuesday
- Nov 1, 2008 9:09 AM Moore Interview on CNN Headline News
- Nov 1, 2008 8:54 AM Brian Moore on C-Span’s Washington Journal
Brian Moore for President Stewart Alexander for VP has 495 friends.
- Socialist Party USA
- Socialist Party of Conn…
- Socialist Party of Flor…
- Memphis Socialist Party…
- Socialist Party of Mass…
- Socialist Party of Mich…
- Socialist Party New Jer…
- Socialist Party Usa
- Socialist Party of Wisc…
- Peace and Freedom Party
- Vachon For Congress
- Feminists Feminsists
- Democracy Now
- IWW STARBUCKS WORKERS U…
- North Texas Internation…
- SOa watch Movement
- Unite Union
- Fuerza Unida
- Student Labor Action Pr…
- FREE MUMIA
- Save Roe!
- Stop The War
- UFW United Farm workers
- teamsters union
- Jobs with Justice
- Pride at Work
- StudentFarmworker Allia…
- Close Guantánamo
- Messenger Courier
- No Border Wall
About me:.. Brian Moore for President. Stewart Alexander for Vice President. Vote Socialist in 2008!
Brian Moore (Bio) and Stewart Alexander (Bio) are the Socialist Party USA candidates for President and Vice President of the United States in the 2008 election.
Brian's Positions on Critical Issues
• Advocates ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and bringing the American troops and reconstruction companies home immediately
• Advocates the Abolishment of the Patriot Act
•Opposes all warrentless searches as authorized by the new FISA Act
• Advocates holding all telecommunications Companies liable for allowing U.S. Government to eavesdrop on Americans
• Opposes domestic spying of antiwar groups and American citizens
• Opposes waterboarding and any form of prisoner abuse and torture
• Opposes the deprivation of legal and constitutional rights and freedoms American citizens and foreign prisoners
• Opposes the threat to any and all free speech and lawful dissent in our country
Other important Issues:
1) Implement a national health care system to include comprehensive health, dental and mental health care for all residents, foreign and domestic
2) Design and Initiate a guaranteed income for all American families, working or not, at a level of $35,000 per year per adult (2008 Cost of Living levels).
3) Nationalize Oil Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Banking and Insurance Industry, Railroad and Automotive Industries, and Entertainment and Sports Industries 5) Cap and REDUCE corporate profits and executive salary levels WHILE FOSTERING THE TRANSFER OF CORPORATE PRODUCTION, SERVICE, OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL TO WORKERS.
6) Phase out all nuclear power plants, shut down waste incinerators, landfills and open-pit mining. 7) Call for unconditional disarmament by the U.S. 8) End U.S. Cuban Embargo and the occupation of Guantanamo, Cuba, and return entire U.S. property to the country of Cuba 9) Mandate labor union representation for all American workers to assure fair salaries and equal benefits.
10) Implement a national housing plan for all Americans.
11) Encourage fair trade over free trade and stop America's participation in NAFTA, CAFTA, WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION, WORLD BANK, IMF, etc.
12) Stop the guaging and ripoffs of consumers by legislating limits and caps for costs in services and products in the market place.
13) Abolish poverty in all its forms in America by assuring every American family with the basics in income, health, education and housing.
14) Promote a more equitable society by enhancing citizens rights and participatory control while requiring the private sector to practice and implement a fairer economic sytem of consumer costs, proftit-margins and regulation and policing of its services and products.
15) Reduce defense spending significantly in the areas of high tech and military equipment and weaponry while enhancing protections and benefits for the common soldier.
16) Reinforce and enhance government support of the arts, sports and culture.
17) Respect and assure the equal rights of all citizens, whether it be in the area of gender, race, age, sexual preference or religion. Eliminate special priviliges for any and all interest groups.
18) Promote universal access to education on the college and vocational school level. Promote liberal arts, along with engineering and science, in colleges and universities. Remove the influence of corporate and military entities on our higher institutes of learning.
19) Promote and enhance a multi-party system, public and fair access to debates and public funding of elections.
20) Brian support's a woman's right to choose in matters of abortion; and opposes all restrictions on access to abortion.
SOCIALIST PARTY PLATFORM SUMMARY:
1) close all U.S. military facilites that train foreign military and paramilitary personnel.
2) immediate withdrawal from Iraq & Afghanistan
3) end U.S. occupation of Guantanamo, Cuba
4) call for an end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank-East Jerusalem and Gaza, and all U.S. aid to Israel, as a precondition for peace.
5) cutoff all U.S. military aid to Colombia
6) abolish CIA, NSA, Homeland Security Agency and all other covert warfare institutions
7) call for unconditional disarmament by the U.S.
8) call for treaty outlawing all weapons of mass destruction
9) call for immediate 50% cut in the military budget, with priority given to social services
10) disband NATO
11) end U.S. arms sales in world.
12) pay off U.S. debts to UN
13) advocate constitutional amendment requiring binding vote of people on all issues of war or military intervention.
14) support right of soldiers to form unions
1) support right of workers to form a union anywhere
2) support right to strike
3) recognize union based on cards signed
4) all workers have a right to collective bargaining
5) repeal of the Hatch Act and Taft-Hartley Act, Landrum-Griffin Act and "right-to-work" laws.
6) same benefits for full and part-time workers
7) 30 hour work week, six weeks annual paid vacation
8) stop using union funds for electing candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties.
9) give equal rights to all immigrants and recognize their presence in large part is due to unfair U.S. economic policies toward their countries, war, famine, or bad human conditions.
10) give sanctuary to illegal immigrants in the U.S., full social services and impact immigration influx not with walls or guns or threats of imprisonment, but with fairer policies toward all other countries to enable their economies to thrive and expand as well.
1) support arts and culture, universal education, single payer health system
2) right of all people to high quality, low cost housing
3) public transportation in urban and rural area such as rail systems, foot and bicyle paths, pedestrian ways, renewable fuels and control of the airlline industry and its public ownership
1) withdrawal of U.S. from NAFTA, CAFTA, and FTAA
2) worker and community ownership and control of corporations
3) minimum wage of $15 per hour, COL
4) support livable guaranteed annual income
5) re-regulate banking and insuance industries; and all financial and insurance institutions to be socially owned and operated by a democratically controlled national banking authority
6) call for a steeply graduated income tax and estate tax, and a maximum income of no more thant 10 times minimum. 7) cancell 3rd world debt
8) expand welfare assistance and unemployment comensation
9) support massive federal investment in urban and rural instrastructure reconstruction and economic development, and more
1) Public ownership and democratic control of all natural resources to preserve wilderness areas and restore environmental quality.
2) Support Kyoto Protocol and participate in controlling global warming, clean up of toxic wastes, and protect workers and communities from any harmful products.
3) Phase out all nuclear power plants, shut down waste incinerators, landfills and open-pit mining.
4) support large-scale environmental restoration efforts.
1) develop alternative energy sources including solar, geothermal, wind, hydropower, and biomass to end dependency on fossil fuels.
2) ensure all people have access to utility services
3) mandatory encapsulation of all spent nuclear fuel, etc. and ban on all nuclear materials
1) support system of ecologically based, sustainable, organic agriculture based on family farms and farming cooperatives guaranteeing full workers' rights, etc. See platform.
1) end all restrictions in law and work place, marriages and sodomy laws
2) prevent student violence and discrimination in schools and all of society
3) federal ban on all forms of job discrimination, on the basis of race, sexual orientation, gender or economic status
4) oppose English as the only official language
5) Support affirmative action, civil rights, and anti-discrimination laws and programs to end institutional discrimination.
Moore-Alexander Presidential Campaign Website
Socialist Party USA
Socialist Party Campaign Clearinghouse
Who I'd like to meet:The American working class - blue collar, white collar, and collarless.
- Status: Married
- Here for: Networking, Friends
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Education: Grad / professional school