Getty Images/John Sciulli .
The entire Kardashian family took a break from whatever it is that they do their busy lives to sit down with Oprah Winfrey on Sunday night for a candid interview on her “Next Chapter” show.
Kris and Bruce Jenner, Kendall and Kylie, Rob Kardashian, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney joined The Big O and enlightened us about some of the pressing issues we need to know about America’s most popular reality TV family. .
Here are some things we learned: .
• Kim finally acknowledged that it was her infamous sex tape with Ray J. that put her on America’s radar. . “You know, I think that’s how I was definitely introduced to the world,” Kim, 31, said (ya think?) “It was a negative way, so I felt like I really had to work ten times harder to get people to see the real me.” .
• Kim fell into a deep depression during her 72-day marriage to — and subsequent divorce from — Kris Humphries. . “I was in such a deep depression I thought I was going to back away from it all,” said Kimmy K. “You know when you just have that feeling that he’s the one? When we moved in, I had the feeling he was not the one.” .
Oprah asked if the quickie marriage a publicity stunt? Kim said nope. “If anything, the tough decision to end that relationship was such a risk of losing ratings, losing my fan base, but I had to take that risk for myself.” .
• Kim said she has nothing but good feelings for Humphries. “He’s a good person,” she said. “I will always have a place in my heart for him. It just wasn’t for me.” .
• Kim also added that she wants babies … and that her momager, Kris Jenner, is no pimp and doesn’t exploit her kids. .
Kris Jenner and Oprah on the show, from Kris’s website .
• Kourtney — who is preggers with her second child with boyfriend Scott Disick — says she hates being a celeb. . “I still am not comfortable being famous,” she said. “I hate the word [celebrity],” brother Rob added. “Sounds like you’re talking about yourself arrogantly.” .
• Oprah asked Rob if he thinks his sisters’ looks have anything to do with their success. . “They’re not skinny women,” he said. “They’re not models here.” .
Okay, not too tactful — especially for Khloe, who gets a lot of heat for being taller and more full-figured than her sisters. . “You are so sweet,” a quite sarcastic Khloe responded to Rob’s statement. . “I am just saying you’re great role models for women, young girls,” Rob explained, as everyone talked over everyone else. .
So why the hell is this family so famous and fascinating? Oprah tried to get to the bottom of it all in this clip from the show. .
The second part of the “Next Chapter” interview will air Sunday, June 24th on OWN. It will include Kim’s candid comments about her relationship with Kanye West and sit-down interviews with Khloe and her husband, Lamar Odom, as well as Kourtney and her boyfriend Scott Disick. .