- Nov 11, 2009 8:02 PM Last call for 2009 DVD's
- Sep 18, 2009 12:54 PM Thankyou from Shimmy-a-thon 2009
- Sep 3, 2009 4:11 AM Shimmy-a-thon 2009 - Q&A with Zhaleh Fereshteh
- Aug 29, 2009 12:24 AM Shimmy-a-thon 2009 Q&A with Aziza Nawal
- Aug 16, 2009 3:36 AM Shimmy-a-thon, Sept 12 & 13, 2009 - info and updates
About me:Shimmy-a-thon is a Fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation that uses the appreciation and performance of bellydancing to raise money to help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. In just two years we raised over $39,000.00 for the cause! The event provides dancers with three ways they can participate and help raise money for CF:
1)The fundraiser- before the event Bellydancers in the Atlanta area raise money through pledges from friends, family, and sponsorship. At Shimmy-a-thon the dancers get together and shimmy-continuously (much like jump roping in jump-rope-for-heart). GREAT prizes are awarded to our participants based on fundraising and shimmy times.
2) The workshop- fabulous dancers have generously donated their time to come and share their talents with the local dance community. Dancers are invited to take classes with these instructors and all proceeds from their workshop attendance goes directly to the cause.
3)The Show- the bellydancers from the fundraiser perform in front of a live audience. Performances consist of both soloists and groups and the use of props including veils, swords, zils and more!
.. .... .... .... .... ..
Who I'd like to meet:
- Status: Single
- Zodiac Sign: Leo