- Play Next
- Add to queue
- Play Next
- Add to queue
No upcoming shows/events
- May 1, 2011 8:17 AM Come check out our Facebook page!
- Aug 21, 2009 4:08 PM new newspaper article (20/8/09) - forthcoming Cancer Aid show
- Apr 2, 2009 7:20 PM new newspaper article -"The King is in the building" (2/4/09)
- Feb 2, 2009 2:02 PM Watch 10 min DVD documentary footage of The Graceland Band
- Dec 5, 2008 9:40 AM New article about ’Christmas In Graceland’ show (2/12/08)
The Graceland Band - 10 min DVD footage of Wales Millennium Centre concert (March 08)
The Graceland Band - official backing musicians for "World's Greatest Elvis" concert, Bolton Reebok Arena (Aug 9th 08)
The Graceland Band backing Shawn Klush (London, Jan 08)
Elvis tributes come in many different shapes and sizes, covering 23 years of the man and his music.Whilst the title of best Elvis Tribute Act (ETA) is a much fiercely contested subject, it is almost universally agreed that the title of biggest ETA lives firmly in the hands of The Graceland Band.
Drawing from the zenith of Elvis’ great comeback period, the band now boast a 16 man, at its strongest (and woman, well women actually) line-up. Each member is agreed that this is absolutely essential if one is to pay tribute to this quintessential period of Elvis’ career.
Following the terrible events in the South Seas off the coast of Thailand, founder member Paul Black and Juan Lozano (in the role of Elvis) agreed that the time was right to put together a hum-dinger of a show; something they had talked over for eighteen months! The Tsunami Appeal proved to be the catalyst that spring-boarded the boys into action. The response from the very first show was simply overwhelming. The band was onto something good! A string of dates followed, cultimating in the hugely successful trio of shows at the National Elvis Convention in Porthcawl, South Wales (Sept/Oct 2005).
By that time, the line up had solidified into the highly charged, perfectly syncopated unit which exists today. Boasting a five piece brass section, consisting of trumpeters Kris Jones and Mike Ryan, tenor sax player Gerald Williams, baritone saxophonist John McCarthy and trombone supremo Gwyn Daniel. The band draws heavily on this hugely ‘meaty’ back-line, the objective being to hit the audience right between the eyes! When you add the other ingredients to this cuisine of talent, the result is phenomenal.
Adding the vocal talents and harmonies of Lucy Jones, Harriot Raybould, Mark E Mee and Darren Parry you begin to get an idea of the wall of immaculate sound that confronts you every time! The front line are all superb musicians in their own right. The rhythm unit of Clifford and bass player Richard Davies has been best described as a freight train at full speed! Standing alongside Richard are the guitar talents of Robert Devereux and Kevin Ford, both from different backgrounds; both having found that niche however which complements one another perfectly.
The line up is completed by keyboard player Steve Wade and the guy who likes to be known simply as Tom. Tom provides much of the frenetic and dynamic rock ‘n’ roll piano, so prevalent in Elvis’ early 70’s performances. This allows Steve to focus on a whole host of sounds, orchestral and otherwise (he plays a mean Hammond organ) and provides the band with that grandiose feel that you get from a live orchestra.
Finally, it is Juan’s job to slip into that suit and for that 1 hour or so, to bring the magic back to the audience. All we can say is; it’s worked so far...
Highlights so far:
- played with some of Elvis' original musicians
- stormed the Porthcawl Elvis Convention since first appeared in 2005..
- been personally endorsed by Elvis' original tour producer, Charles Stone, who has described the band as, "Elvis with attitude"..
- Europe's largest Elvis show (17 piece)
- backed "World's Greatest Elvis" winner Shawn Klush at two high profile concerts in London's Pigalle Club and Bloomsbury Ballroom
- sold out performances all over the UK
- lead singer Juan Lozano was featured on recent BBC 1 TV show "The World's Greatest Elvis" (hosted by Vernon Kay) and recently seen on "The Big Finish" (with Graham Norton)
- features some of the UK's finest musicians/singers; who in their own right have had much success and experience performing
New album from Graceland Band member, Darren Parry..."Matters Of The Heart" (featuring Graceland Band members, Juan Lozano and Robert Devereux). Now on Amazon and iTunes to buy
Member Since:March 17, 2008
Members:for bookings email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Lozano (Elvis)
Backing vox - Darren Parry, Mark Mee, Harriet Raybould, Lucy Jones
Guitars - Kevin Ford, Robert Deveurex
Brass - John McCarthy, Michael Ryan, Gwyn Daniels, Kristen Harvey Jones, Gerald Williams, Phil Jarvis
Drums - Paul Black
Bass - Richard Davies
Piano - Tom
Keyboards - Steve Wade
Sounds Like:Elvis Presley
Record Label:City Rd Music
2 Songs | Sep 21, 2008
The Graceland Band (ultimate ELVIS experience) has 107 friends.
- Darren Parry
- The Good Name
- Mark Mee Entertainment
- Black Mountain Male Cho…
- Red Alert
- Nick Gutierrez, Elvis P…
- Lisa Marie Presley
- Elvis Presley
- Ronnie Tutt
- Tupelo Elvis Festival
- Riley Keough
- Daniel Yoes
- Joel Ewens Tribute To E…
- Myspace UK
- Nikki Smith
- ~The Original Rock-A-Hu…
- WITH NO REGARDS IS DEAD!
- PranaBoy Cosmyc Fashyon
- Billie Eiland
- Ferlas Studio
- Elvis On Stage
- Ricky Graham
- Tom Anderson