Musician, programmer, recording artist, beatsmith, dance floor commander, composer, sound designer, bad ass motherfucker. Amon Tobin is all of these things but most of all a forward thinker. Pushing forward and never looking back has always been his focus. This is what gets him up in the morning and what keeps him up late into night.
Amon Tobin never set out to be in the music industry. To him music is an end in itself, not a path to commercial success. His own success is basically a bi product of his obsession and remains something of a welcome mystery to him. The fact is, whether or not the world had ever heard of Amon Tobin he would still be creating music. His life has been a long term love affair with sound and rhythm and a personal study of both. his work is a contribution to the evolution of sound in the spirit of the pioneers of electronic music.
Amon has released a series of critically claimed full lenght albums alongside a number of side projects which vary from film score work to collaborations with artists who range from classical to hip hop and much in between. Curiosity and a relentless drive to explore has lead Amon to various places in music but the the real fruits of this are in the combined knowledge gained from these experiences. Knowledge of how music music and sound work and the passionate application of this to his own personal creations.
- Sep 9, 2010 10:48 PM NEW MERCH ALERT - Picture Disc 12! New T-shirt! Ableton pack!
- Sep 9, 2010 10:36 PM Premiere: 'Esther's' (video)
- Jun 14, 2010 7:00 PM FREEBIE ALERT: Amon Releases Live 4-Deck Mix via Amontobin.com
- May 20, 2010 9:50 PM Amon Scores Carl Rinsch Sci-Fi Short 'The Gift'
- Apr 21, 2010 8:56 PM Splinter Cell: Conviction featuring Amon Tobin's Score Contribution Out Now